Mavericks Esports Virtual Summer Camp
From club play to varsity competition, this engaging virtual experience will help you hone your esports skills with exclusive advice from some of the best in the industry.
JULY 15–16, 2021
No cost to attend, all online, open to all 6th grade through college-age gamers! Register by July 12.
There a just a few more steps to make sure you're ready!
- Watch for a confirmation email.
- If you opted in to the tournament, find the Join Code in your email and register on Battlefy (must complete this step before you can participate):
- Join our Discord to chat with us! (Required for tournament)
Day one : 12 pm–5 pm (central time) | Wellness, varsity, careers
Parents are welcome to attend!
- Wellness in Esports:
- Understand the role of your health in gaming and esports, from headspace and attitude, to breathing techniques and posture, to communication and feedback, and more!
- Kickstarting Your Club & Varsity Play in High School:
- Learn how to break into the high school esports scene, get noticed, and boost your future opportunities.
- Club Play and Gaming Communities in College:
- Hear from current students at Minnesota State University, Mankato about their experiences in the gaming community on campus, including how to create, grow, and maintain a club.
- Applying for College Varsity Teams:
- Get expert advice on landing a spot on a collegiate varsity team, from start to finish. Learn about social media presence, self-promotion, applying to schools, getting scholarships, and more.
- Careers in Esports:
- Hear from esports industry professionals about career paths after college and how you can start planning for a bright future in this vast field.
Day two: 10 am–5 pm (central time) | coaching, tournament
Call of Duty® and Rocket League® focus.
- Live Group Coaching with Industry Experts:
- Observe as a group while other players play and get feedback from experts. This is your chance to ask questions and get answers, hear tips and tricks, and see how coaches and players interact.
- *Tournament (limited spots!):
- Take your new skills to the battlefield! Compete against other players in the camp in Call of Duty® or Rocket League® for the chance to win awesome prizes.*Tournament is optional.
Careers in Esports
Rebecca Longawa is the founder of Happy Warrior, an esports consultancy firm. She is an advisor and mentor for three global esports-technology venture capitalist firms and an advisory board member for a number of sports-technology and esports startups. She has expertise in esports, marketing, health, wellness, and more and is the creator and host of the Future of Marketing in Esports podcast.
Wellness in Esports
Dr. Tsai is a physical therapist and board certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist who has been working with professional esports organizations including Cloud9, Evil Geniuses, 100 Thieves, TSM, and more since 2018. He is also the founder of Respawn Therapy, a company devoted to improving the physical health and wellness of gamers of all levels.
Kickstarting Your Club & Varsity Play in High School
Meredith Wilcox is a college graduate from the University of Kansas with a major in behavioral neuroscience and minor in economics. Starting as a technology and games coordinator for her student union, she now works full time as a producer of programming and development for the High School Esports League (HSEL) in Kansas City.
- What platform will the event be hosted on? How do I attend?
- Keep an eye on your inbox! After registering, you’ll receive a confirmation email. The day before the event, you’ll receive another email with information to access the virtual event.
- We recommend viewing the event on a computer, although a mobile phone will also work. If you are 13 or under, you may need parental permission to access our event platform.
- Are there any in-person aspects to this camp?
- No, the camp is entirely virtual for attendees.
- Do I have to attend both days?
- Although we would love to have you participate throughout the full camp, you are not required to attend both days. You're welcome to attend either Day One or Day Two, or both.
- Will there be a recording of the camp available afterwards?
- No, this event is only available live.
- Will I be able to see and hear other camp attendees?
- No, there is no camera or microphone capability for camp attendees. You will only be able to see and hear our speakers streamed live on your screen.
- Will I able to ask questions or interact with other camp attendees during the event?
- Yes, our event platform allows you to send messages to panelists and other camp attendees in an instant chat, so you can get your questions answered and network with other students.
- If you are 13 or under, you may need parental permission to access the chat feature.
- How will the coaching session on Day Two work?
- Get the exclusive opportunity to see how players and coaches interact! You'll observe experienced players in a live match as industry experts coach them. Watch and ask questions during their gameplay.
- How will the tournament on Day Two work? Do I have to participate?
- You are not required to participate in the tournament. Those who sign up for the tournament in the camp registration form will recieve a tournament invite email with furthur instructions on how to participate.
- What are the tournament prizes?
Have more questions? Email us at email@example.com