Three-Time National Champs
Maverick Esports is the official varsity esports program at Minnesota State University, Mankato and a member of the National Association of Collegiate Esports (NACE). Our program was established in 2020 and began competing in spring 2021. We play Rocket League, Call of Duty, Super SMASH Bros, and more.
Train & compete together
We take academics, skill-building, and teamwork seriously. Our varsity athletes uphold academic integrity and train for competition in our Esports Training Facility with specialized equipment and coaches.
Hundreds-Strong Student Community
There are tons of ways to connect with other gamers on campus, including our Discord community, student-run clubs, and a special First-Year Learning Community where students live and take classes together.
real-world career experience
We employ 10+ student workers and volunteers in areas including coaching, broadcasting, and marketing. Students develop career skills while helping support and grow our program.
Sponsors and partners
Rockstar Energy Drink is a part of PepsiCo and offers a line of flavored energy drinks and is also partnered with pro esports team NRG.
Version1 is a Minnesota-based esports organization owned by Vikings owners the Wilf family. Teams compete in Call of Duty, Rocket League, and Valorant.
KovaaK 2.0 is a training software that helps players improve their skills in games that benefit from an accurate aim.
Mobalytics is a gaming assistant that tracks players’ gameplay to help them refine their strategies.
Esports Awards, 2021
- Top 10 finalist for Esports Collegiate Program of the Year
- Top CS:GO Head Coach & Runner-Up Director of the Year
- Top All-Star Team for CS:GO & Madden NFL
- Top Social Media Campaign
- Top Shoutcaster Duo
Recent media coverage
- SPINcast 2.0 interview with Jacquie Lamm | November 7, 2022
- One Up XP Show interview with Jacquie Lamm | October 31, 2022
- KEYC News on the Rockstar Energy Invitational | September 16, 2022
- KMSU Radio on the Rockstar Energy Invitational | September 14, 2022